Miss Alderson was educated at Tynemouth Grammar School
(1943-1950), after which she attended King's College,
Newcastle where, in 1953, she was awarded a BA Hons in History,
Economics and Politics. After a post-graduate course to gain
her Diploma of Education, in 1954 she took up her first teaching
post at Boldon Colliery Girls' School.
After this, Miss Alderson taught at schools in the north
and south - Linskill Girls' School, North Shields (1955-59)
- Windsor Boys' School, Hampshire (1959-63) - St
Angela's Convent School, Forest Gate, East London - Fyfield
Boarding School, Ongar, Essex (1964-65) - Tynemouth
Grammar School (1965-67) - Baylis Court Girls' School,
- Slough (1967- December 1971)
And in April, 1972, she joined the staff of South Shields
Grammar-Technical School for Boys in charge of the school
Miss Alderson died in North Tyneside in August, 1995.